iCeMS Learning Lounge #16: Li Xinqian + iGEM
Why Our Science Matters
The "Learning Lounge" features young scientists who, in 20 minutes deliver a presentation that will persuade any curious listener, even those without a scientific background, why their research area -- not just the personal research of the speaker -- is important to the world.
Dr Li Xinqian
(iCeMS Packwood Group)
Observing Material Beyond Microscope
How can we observe materials? In nanoscience, observation can be taken by different kinds of microscope depending on how small and how much information in detail we want to get. In my talk I explain a theoretical tool using DFT calculation which can observe materials beyond microscope.
Ms Do Yu and Mr Jun-ichiro Nakazawa (Kyoto University Student)
Education beyond study
Studying at the desk alone cannot satisfy our innovative minds! For this reason, we got together as a team and involved in a program called iGEM. Through this activity, we aim to give creative solutions to the problems at our own initiative. Here, we will introduce last year's project and discuss our future ambitions.
To the video archive >>
Q&A: English and Japanese for both
- Date / Time
- April 25, 2018 / 14:00-15:30
- 2nd floor Seminar Room (#A207), KUIAS Main Building (#77), Kyoto University Directions
- Not required for non-iCeMS participants (iCeMS members please register via your lab's secretary.)
- KUIAS/iCeMS Overseas Affairs and Planning/Public Relations | ias-oappr (at) mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp
- Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences (iCeMS), Kyoto University