[Dec 3] Furukawa Lab Seminar: Prof Hitoshi Kasai
Furukawa Labs is to hold a seminar. All researchers are welcomed to attend.
This seminar will be held by a hybrid system (in-person at the iCeMS main building and online via zoom).
In both cases, please register via the google form (through QR code in the flyer below).
The number of available seats in the in-person lecture is limited due to the capacity of the room.
Prof Hitoshi Kasai
Institute of Multidisciplinary
Research for Advanced Materials (IMRAM)
Nano Drug Delivery Based on New Strategy
In this presentation, we propose a new concept, termed "pure nano-drugs" (PNDs), which are comprised of drug ingredient and are delivered into cells in a carrier-free state without using polymer. As the model of PNDs, the nanoparticles of SN-38 cholesterol succinate which is the derivatives of SN-38 having the high anticancer activity were fabricated with less than 100 nm in size by the reprecipitation method developed at our laboratory. Aqueous dispersion of the nanoparticles has been shown to exhibit an extremely effective anti cancer activity not only in vitro experiment but also in vivo experiment, when compared to irinotecan, a prodrug of SN-38 and a widely used watersoluble anticancer monomer.
 H. Kasai et al. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 31, L1132−L1134. (1992).
 H. Kasai et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51, 10315 –10318 (2012).
 Y. Koseki et al. Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn., 92, 1305, (2019).
- Friday, December 3, 2021, 16:00-17:00
In person: 2nd floor Seminar Room (#A207), iCeMS Main Building (#77), Kyoto University
- Required (QR code in the flyer)
- Host and contact
iCeMS Furukawa Group
E-mail: furukawa-g [at] icems.kyoto-u.ac.jp
In order to prevent the spread of infection, please follow the instructions below when you attend a seminar.
(1) Make sure that you wear a mask, and that you wear it properly.
(2) Please disinfect your hands when entering the building.
(3) (for participants from other departments or outside of Kyoto University)
Please fill out the entry record at the entrance of the building.
- If you have cold-like symptoms, fever, or any other COVID-19-like symptoms on the day of the visit, please refrain from participating at the meeting on-site.
You may participate online by contacting us at the address above.
- Due to unforeseeable reasons, the seminar may be changed to a 100% online event at short notice. In that case, we will contact you at the e-mail address you have registered.